- Developer: Flat Earth Games
- Platforms: PC, Mac
- Genre: Indie, Shooter
- Visit the Website
Metrocide is a relentless top-down single-player arcade stealth-shooter set in a cyberpunk dystopia where everyone wants you dead.
As legendary contract killer T.J. Trench, you’ll have to negotiate a fierce and brutal city replete with gangs, vigilantes, cops and more, taking out the trash one contract at a time. While cop drones circle overhead, you’ll be sticking to the alleyways with a variety of weapons and plantable explosives, finding new and unique ways to get away with murder most foul.
But one single slip-up will cost you. There are no respawns here – when you’re dead, you’re dead. That’s it. Duck and weave through the claustrophobic streets as a living city does its best to stop you breathing – permanently.
- A blend of arcade shooting and sneaky stealth-action
- A 2D/3D 90s-inspired pixel-art style in a Blade Runner-inspired game world
- Permadeath and the inability to ever lower the cop count in any given level make the game relentlessly difficult
- Procedurally created assassination missions
- Mission variants including paranoid targets, contraband which needs stealing, bodyguards and police drone escorts
- Three ever-expanding districts of Metro City to explore: Downtown, The Docks and Hilldale
- Blasters, shotguns and rifles with which to take out your targets
- Tools to mix things up including remotely-detonated explosives, flashbangs, holo-lures and EMP bombs
- Hide bodies in sewers and rivers to keep the cops off your scent
- Pedestrians with their own behavioural patterns and attributes which range from terrified paranoids to aggressive shotgun-wielding gang members
- Unlockable game modes including Score Attack, One Chance (where you can only die once throughout the entire game), Dead Man Walking (where the whole city is trying to kill you) and Pistol Only Mode (for the hardcore players)